This page contains information relating to public access and community information for our forests in Australia and New Zealand
Information for Forest Users (Green Triangle, Australia)
At the beginning of the season firestart-up days are an important part of fire season preparations as all OneFortyOne employees, contractors and summer crew join together for a day of refresher training including practical fire drills in the forest.
In case of fire your first call in Australia is always 000
Closure due to Harvesting Operations
A section of Lowan Lane and Hemmings Lane Tarpeena will be closed to the public due to harvesting operations from 8 November 2021 until 30 April 2022.
The road will be closed from Monday to Friday and re-opened for public access on weekends.
Contact 0438 653 707 for information.
Information for Forest Users (New Zealand)
If you are planning to light an “open air” fire within a rural fire district you need to apply for a Fire Permit. Permits are issued by the Rural Fire Authorities. You will find the online application process and contact details on the links below.
There is valuable Fire Safety information provided via the above link that will enable you to reduce risk while in the forest or as an owner of a small forest plantation. It is very important that you ensure that you have adequate insurance cover to protect you from personal and business risk in the event of a fire.
In case of fire your first call in New Zealand is always 111
New Zealand Forest Access Policy
Complaints, Disputes & Compliments Procedure
Easement Road Closures
- BIG BUSH RESERVE Public Access Easements through ELVY’S ROAD and BIG BUSH DRIVE (GOLDEN DOWNS): Public access between these roads is closed. No public access until 31 July 2022 due to harvesting operations.
- MT RICHMOND FOREST PARK road access:
- MOUNT DUPPA – HIPPOLITE/ BLADEBONE RDS: closed for harvesting late May-July 2022.
- HORI BAY ROAD: road is open to 4×4 vehicles. The last 2km section down to the beach is still on foot only as per DoC signage on the OneFortyOne boundary.
- BLUE GLEN ROAD, MOTUEKA GORGE access closed to replace existing ford with a new bridge. No public access until bridge work completed (likely end June), with access to public in July.
Information on other public easement roads through OneFortyOne estate to the Mt Richmond Forest Park is available on the Department of Conservation website.
- WAI-ITI RD, INWOODS RD – 4WD vehicles required for access.
This year’s public hunting season will commence on 23 April and will run until 25 September 2022. To apply for a permit to hunt within OneFortyOne New Zealand’s forestry blocks, please complete this application form.